Connecting to the CMP Fileserver
How to connect to cmp file server from Windows OS (Windows XP)
- Right-click on “My Computer” (note this can vary on the version of windows you are on.. if not on the desktop please look in the “Start” menu.
- Select the option “map network drive”
- A window will appear the default drive map will be Z: (NOTE: you can change this if you wish, it’s best to leave the default)
- In the field labeled “Folder:” please type the path to the network share that you are trying to connect to eg:
- Depending on your options either select or deselect the “Reconnect at logon” box (NOTE: if this is a share you use every day this is a good option.)
- If you are not bound to the server or the password differs from your login please choose the option “Connect using a differnet user name” “different user name” is a hyperlink if selected you get a box to type your username and pass into.
- Type your username and password and then choose “Finish” this will give you access to the share.. you should now see the Z: drive mounted under your computer.
How to connect to the CMP File Server from Windows OS (VISTA OR WIN7)
NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will have to make the following changes to the Windows Security Policy. The default setup allows you to connect to a bound windows server … Please make the following changes
Open Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy
Local Policies - Security Options
Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
Send LM & NTLM responses
Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
Disable Require 128-bit encryption
After you make the following changes you should be able to follow steps 1-7 above and connect to the server.